PKI Platform 8 Critical Maintenance
On March 20, 2021, between 18:00 – 24:00 MST (March 21, 2021, between 00:00 – 06:00 UTC), DigiCert will perform critical maintenance on PKI Platform 8. During maintenance, the PKI Platform 8 and its corresponding API will be down for approximately six hours.
How does this affect me?
For approximately six hours:
- You will be unable to sign in to your PKI Platform 8 to perform in-console certificate lifecycle tasks.
- You will be unable to use any of your PKI Platform 8 corresponding APIs or protocols (for example, SOAP, REST, SCEP, Intune SCEP, and EST) to perform certificate lifecycle operations.
- You will be unable to:
- Enroll certificates: new, renew, or reissues
- Add domains and organizations
- Submit validation requests
- View reports, revoke certificates, and create profiles
- Add users, view certificates, and download certificates
- DigiCert will be unable to issue certificates for PKI Platform 8 and its corresponding API.
- APIs will return a "cannot connect" error.
- Certificate enrollments that receive "cannot connect" errors must be resubmitted after DigiCert restores services.
Service not affected:
Critical maintenance will not affect these services:
- PKI Platform 7
- DigiCert ONE
- CertCentral / Service API
- Direct Cert Portal / API
- Certificate Issuing Service (CIS)
- CertCentral Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP)
- QuoVadis TrustLink
- Discovery / API
- ACME agent automation / API
What can I do?
- Schedule your high-priority orders, renewals, and reissues issues around the critical maintenance.
- Expect interruptions if you use APIs and protocols for immediate certificate issuance and other automated tasks.
- To get live maintenance updates, subscribe to the DigiCert Status page. This includes emails for when maintenance starts and when maintenance ends.
- For critical and scheduled maintenance dates and times, see DigiCert 2021 scheduled maintenance.
Services will be restored as soon as we complete the maintenance.